AB Plumbing & Heating believe its important to respect your privacy, we are committed to giving each individual a service that meets your needs while protecting your personal information.
This policy explains how we collect your information and how we use it to provide you with a high quality service.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you engage with our website, sales team or customer service centre. We only collect information that is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Appliance Information e.g. make, model, gas council no, serial no, service due date
- The Date you have used our services
- The Pages you viewed on our website and how long you visited us for.
- Your IP Address
- Your GP Address
- Internet browser & device you are using
- Any information within correspondence you send us.
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title and company contact details.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources. We are confident that any data provided to us is secure, we treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
How do we use this Information?
We may use post, email, phone or sms as methods of communication. You may of course request communication by only certain means. Where you have provided consent we may contact you in order to:
- remind you when your service is due.
- book in appointments for work requested.
- remind you of bookings.
- request feedback on our services.
- provide you with estimates, invoices, receipts or statements
- run and improve our accounts
- offer you deals and promotions. (we will not bombard you)
- register products for their warranties.
- We are required by regulation to pass on your details to Gas Safe Register when installing gas appliances in your home or business.
How do we share your information?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties but we may pass it on too selected organisations we work closely with to help us provide the service you require. (product manufactures and sub-contractors)
We may provide your personal information to:
- Gas Safe Register. (required by regulation)
- Subcontractors so they can carry out work on our behalf
- Manufactures to register products for their warranties to become valid.
- Suppliers to arrange for delivery of products purchased for your job/project.
- Legal and other professional advisors.
How long do we keep your information for?
We hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary in order to provide you with a service.
We may hold your personal information for longer than necessary when:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period.
- You have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us.
How do we protect your information?
The data provided is stored on Encrypted cloud based systems such as job management software, online diaries, email software and accounting software. All our hardware and software is secure and password protected we confident that any data you have provided us with is secure.
Our website has third party links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices for these sites.
We only share your information with relevant employees and third parties.
All paper copies of your information are held in a secure and locked location and are destroyed when no longer required.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information)
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable. We will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: AB Plumbing & Heating, 8 Lutley Grove, Bartley Green, Birmingham, B32 3PN
Phone: 0345 163 0022
• recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site)
• obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
• carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and clients requirements and interests
• make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
• PREF, NID – A cookie set by Google Maps when you view a map of our location(s).
• wp-settings- – a persistent cookie set to recognise you if you are logged in to the site.
• wordpress_UID and wordpress_logged_in – persistent cookies set for logged in users and save your site preferences.
• comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url are persistent cookies that are set when you place a comment on our website.
• utma – We will use this persistent cookie to recognise a computer when a user visits the website.
• utmb – We will use this session cookie to track a user as the user navigates the website.
• utmc – We will use this session cookie to create a timestmp of the exact moment a visitor leaves the site.
• utmz – We will use this persistent cookie to identify the source of a visit to the website.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.