A Bailey Plumbing & Heating Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales, our company registration number is 9680455. We are a VAT registered company, our VAT registration number is 244 1431 39. We are based at Unit 1, 202 Pershore road south, Kings norton, Birmingham England B30 3EU. You can contact us via email at [email protected]. You can contact us via telephone on 0345 163 022.
A Bailey Plumbing & Heating Ltd shall execute the works on the following terms and conditions, which are incorporated into the contract between the company and the customer on the acceptance of the company’s quotation will signify acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please ensure you have read them carefully before asking our engineer to begin the work.
The company is committed to providing an excellent quality service to all of our customers. You can trust us to work our hardest to resolve your plumbing/heating issues quickly and efficiently. All Gas Safe Registered engineers carry ID Cards and are qualified and competent to carry out their work.
1.1) The Company will supply you with a date and time in which we will arrive to either carry out the work or quote the job, this will be a rough estimate, we will make every effort to arrive and complete work on time. Work will be completed in a reasonable time unless a specific time is agreed.
1. A) In order for the company to proceed and carry out work, you will need to provide us with access to the premises and any service facilities we need to carry out the work.
2. B) Ensure someone is present, If you cannot be present in your property upon engineer’s arrival please ensure someone is present that is able to make decisions and instructions on your behalf.
3. C) We will not be liable for the removal of dangerous materials such as Asbestos if Asbestos is suspected during work carried out, it is the customer’s responsibility to arrange safe removal and the job will be suspended until safe to continue. If the area in which we will be carrying out work is known to have asbestos it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it is removed safely prior to work taking place. Any quotes given do not include the removal of dangerous materials unless stated in the quotation.
4. D) Ensure working environment is safe. If the building in which work is taking place is found to have any structural defects, infestations or other serious defects the company shall inform the customer accordingly and agree to postpone work until the customer, at the customer’s expense, has rectified the problem. In the event of such postponement, the company shall be entitled to be paid for all materials on site. If there is a risk to health and safety in a working environment the company has the right to leave until issues rectified.
5. E) In order for the company to complete the work efficiently and safely we may ask you to move furniture/floor & wall coverings in the area we will be carrying out work prior to work taking place, notice will be given in these circumstances.
1.3) Any timeframes provided by us is only an estimate, as unfortunately sometimes issues occur delaying work, the company will use its best endeavours to complete work within any period of time agreed between the company and customer, but the company is not liable for delays beyond its reasonable control such as Inclement weather and delays in obtaining materials from suppliers.
1.4) The Company takes care not to cause damage. If the damage is caused due to negligence we will do what we can to put it right. In some cases, work will be carried out causing damage and we will not be liable for this, as it’s the nature of work being carried out. If the damage is expected to occur we will try to inform you prior to the place.
2.1) Quotes can only be as accurate as the information provided by the customer, and a site visit may be needed to ensure the quote is as accurate as possible.
If additional work is required and there are variations to the quote, it will be discussed with the customer, this variation will be provided by the company in writing and will need to be accepted prior to additional work to take place. Quotes provided by the company are only valid 30 days.
1.A) Once you have accepted a quote you must pay the outstanding balance when work has been carried out. In some circumstances, we may ask for a deposit prior to starting the work.
2.B) All materials and equipment on site, which form part of the contract between the company and customer, shall be in exclusive possession of the company until contract sum has been paid in full.
3.1) Upon contact we will take down some personal details such as full name, address, contact number and email address, we will store this within our system following the Data protection act.
3.2) We will keep a record of customer’s information that has used our services for boiler installations, Landlord gas safety checks & boiler services to contact you when future services are due.
3.3) For customers who have had boiler installations, landlord gas safety certificates & boiler services, we will use your personal information in order to registered gas appliances with the gas safe register and manufactures warranties.
3.4) Copy of receipts following payments will be kept confidential for our record of payment only, and disposed of following the data protection act.
5.1) We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on: 03450022163, write too us at 8 Lutley Grove, Birmingham, B32 3PN or email us at [email protected]
We aim to respond within 3 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact which? Trusted Traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
6.1) Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have a right to cancel this contract during a period of 14 calendar days from the day this notice is sent or given to you. During that period if you choose to cancel the contract any money paid by you will be refunded.
However, if you have already given written approval for the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be by electronic mail or post) this to the following email address - [email protected].
You may use the form below if you want to but you do not have to.
The Company cover all workmanship carried out for a period of 12 months starting from the job/project completion date, except in situations covered in section 2.
1.1) In the unlikely event you are not satisfied with the work carried out by the company, within the guarantee period please contact us on 03451630022.
1.2) We Guarantee all work carried out by the company is overseen by a competent and qualified engineer.
1.3) We ensure a high-quality service is provided to all of our customers.
1.4) Our guarantee covers any faults made by our workmanship, if in this unfortunate event our team will put things right.
1.5) All parts supplied by the company are guaranteed for 30 days unless deemed void please see section 2.2.
1.6) This is not an insurance backed guarantee.
1.7) This guarantee does not affect the customers rights under the consumer rights act 2015.
Use of parts & materials
2.0) Some products supplied by the company come with a manufacturers guarantee, information on these guarantees with be provided within quotations/invoices.
2.1 May we remind you guarantees do not apply if you:
1. A) have deliberately or accidently caused a fault.
2. B) failed to follow advice or the manufacturers instructions.
3. C) have modified the products in any way.
4. D) have instructed a third party to make repairs before giving the company the opportunity.
2.3) Where we have advised you that the work we have carried out will only be a temporary solution, we do not provide a guarantee.
3.0) All boilers installed by the company are done so by gas safe registered engineers.
3.1) Gas Safe are notified of all boilers installed by the company.
3.2) Boilers installed by the company usually come with manufacturers guarantee; this guarantee will override the company guarantee after 30 days.
3.3) If a fault appears within the appliance supplied and installed by the company within 30 days of completion our engineers will return and resolve the issue under guarantee.